Testimonials by people I have worked with:
Hi, I'm Daniela Glassop, an artist, illustrator and surface pattern designer based in Newcastle, Australia.
I have always loved to make things and solve design problems; I like to think that producing art for print and products is a great way to share the joy of creative, colourful work that tells a story and meets a brief. My illustrations are usually painted, collaged (made from pieces of coloured papers), line drawings while some are created digitally. Many of my illustrations and textile designs are assembled and/or colour corrected digitally.
I am able to offer the following options:
• I can help you with producing original illustrations for your projects and prepare them to your specifications, with an expertise in food, floral and decorative illustrations.
• I have art for products which can be licensed or I can create something new. I have far more work than appears on this site so if you have a particular need, I am happy to see if I already have an image that will suit your needs and sell it to you or license it to you. I also welcome licensing opportunities and commissions.
• My favourite way to work is to collaborate directly with an art director, art buyer or manufacturer so that we can bring a beautiful product that we can be proud of to life that will also resonate with buyers.
• I am responsive with an easy-to-work-with manner; happy to supply fully-layered files and my graphic design background has given me a knowledge of production-related issues.
• I can create original wall art for your business or home, and
• I have original paintings, prints, greeting cards, illustrated gifts, textiles and bags based on my designs for sale.
My illustrations and paintings are usually based on capturing the beauty and essence of the natural environment, flora, fauna and food. I am inspired by architecture, vintage items and the fashion industry. The style of my painted work is that it is made of layers, details and contrasts to get the viewer's attention and then to have details to linger on. My gallery paintings tend to be based on still life, food and nature.
My influences are diverse and include Matisse, Rousseau, Klimt, William Morris and the decorative arts.
The result is an abundance of colour, pattern and texture .
I have fine art and graphic design training and have worked as a graphic designer/illustrator for design studios, advertising agencies and print companies. For 25 years I also taught Visual Communication and all aspects of graphic design and illustration at The University of Newcastle where I was a founding member of the Design Faculty. I have a great deal of experience in many aspects of producing commercial art and design over my working history, including the painting of animation cels for Hanna-Barbera.
Fabric is another constant in my life as I grew up surrounded by colourful fabrics, my mother being involved in the fashion industry. Designing for fabric and surface patterns is a personal passion, as is the making of fibre art.
I am constantly adding to my portfolio so please contact me if you are looking for something special or like something on my site.
I live in Newcastle, Australia with my husband, 2 sons, 2 cats and the ring tailed possums, birds and lizards that visit my garden. When I am not painting, drawing or designing, I also like to cook, garden and make things with fabric; and always with music or a podcast.
You can contact me at hello@DanielaGlassop.com.
Follow me on Instagram for work in progress and experiments with media.